OFFICIAL FRINGE 2018 DATES:- Friday February 16th to Sunday March 18th.
ARTIST REGISTRATIONS are now open. They close on October 4th 2017.
Here's what we look like during the Fringe. (Fringe 2017) - Video courtesy of Jerry Zimmer)
The Award winning Bakehouse Theatre is located in the eastern part of the CBD, just a stone's throw from The Garden of Unearthly Delights, around the corner from the Hutt Street restaurant strip, and a short stroll to Rundle Mall - the centre of the city's shopping precinct.
It is a charming old building full of history (but also full of modern technical equipment) where we love to make both you and your audiences feel welcome.
We have two theatre spaces, each with its own bar and foyer area where you can meet friends, chat before the show and even take your drinks into the theatre with you.
Here is what one of our theatre hirers said about her experience at the Bakehouse in the 2015 Fringe:-
"It was such a wonderful experience!! The Bakehouse staff went above and beyond with everything I needed to make "Handle It" run as smoothly as possible. Huge thanks to Stephen and Matt for doing such a brilliant job with the tech and Peter for running the box office, and Pamela for all the support leading up to and during the season. And everyone for coming along!! I'll certainly never forget it. Can't wait to come back. Xxx – Laura Jackson (NSW)"
THE BAKEHOUSE THEATRE is situated at 255 Angas Street Adelaide (on the corner of Angas and Cardwell Streets). Find directions HERE
THE BAKEHOUSE HAS TWO SPACES FOR HIRE
MAINSTAGE (capacity 87)
STUDIO THEATRE (capacity 40)
(scroll down for more information about each space)
Most Important Things You Need to Know if you are Considering Hiring the Bakehouse for Fringe 2018.
NIGHT TIME SHOWS:
- There will be 3 time slots available in each theatre (Main and Studio). These are 6pm, 7.30pm and 9pm
- Your show will need to run no longer than 60mins., and be able to bump in and out in 15mins.
- 9pm time slot may possibly run longer than 60mins. as it is the last slot for the evening (negotiable)
- 6pm time slot may possibly start earlier as it is the first show of the evening (negotiable)
- Prices per time slot:- $1500 per week (Monday to Saturday) for the Mainstage; $750 per week (Monday to Saturday) for the Studio
Children's shows or matinees are available by negotiation. Please email email@example.com
For more detailed information about both spaces please download the attachment below entitled "FRINGE STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE". Please read this thoroughly BEFORE asking any more questions. This document will also become your Hire Contract for the Fringe.
MAINSTAGE KEY FACTS
- Audience capacity: 87
- Performance Space - "black box" style 6 metres deep X 7.5 metres wide.
- Modern Digital Lighting System run by computer using "PC Stage" software
- Full sound system
- Fully licensed bar in friendly foyer (drinks may be taken into the theatre)
- Air conditioned.
More detailed information and photos of the Mainstage space HERE
STUDIO KEY FACTS:
- Audience capacity 40
- Performance space "black box" style. Stage is 600mm high, 4700mm wide and 3600mm deep.
- Modern Digital Lighting System run by computer using "PC Stage" software.
- Full sound system
- Air conditioned
- Fully licenced separate bar (drinks may be taken into the theatre)
More detailed information and photos of the Studio Theatre HERE
We have a Main Theatre (capacity 87) and a Studio Theatre (capacity 40) available for hire. Click here for more information.